Here’s what I bought for under $31.50. I spent $31.47 between Aldi and Trader Joe’s!
- Dairy: Eggs, Fat free milk, Mexican shredded cheese, Greek yogurt
- Vegetables: Yams, Red Potatoes, Mushrooms, Onions, frozen mixed veggies, frozen spinach, fresh broccoli, canned tomatoes (good value—to split for meals)
- Fruit: Cranberry Sauce (splurge!), Apples
- Grain: Oatmeal, Joe’s O’s (risking potential gluten-oats can be contaminated in the processing, but are gluten free typically.)
- Meat/Protein: Deli Ham (gluten free), Sunflower seeds (good value—dollar per quantity/protein), Black Beans, Refried Beans
- Drinks for the Week: Milk and water
Day One of the CRC Hunger Challenge:
I awaken early 6:15 to get my meditation and my day started. I spent the last few days preparing for this week, mentally, and logistically.
Breakfast: Joe’s O’s, milk (Hey, where’s my banana?)
After breakfast, I am making vegetable soup for the week: made with canned tomato as a base and mixed frozen veggies, and two-bean chili, made with canned tomato as well. These are my lunch and dinner. At lunch, ¼ cup of sunflower seeds (1 portion) will accompany my soup. If I am hungry, I will eat a boiled red potato as filler, with nothing on it, or a hard boiled egg.